Dr. John R. Williams
Jones Professor of History and Ethics, Retired
- Ph.D., Auburn University, Dissertation: “Maritime Justice in Colonial Georgia”
- M.A., Auburn University, Thesis: “The Theology of William Tyndale”
- B.A., History and English, Belhaven College
- Exemplary Teacher Award, Huntingdon College, 2000
Publications & Presentations
- “Frontier Evangelist: The Journal of Henry Bryson,” Alabama Historical Quarterly, vol. XLII, nos. 1 & 2.
- “The Strange Case of Dr. Franklin and Mr. Whitefield,” Pennsylvania Magazine of History and Biography, vol. CII, no. 4.
- “The Invasion of Western Europe in 1944,” Belhaven College. 8 November 1989.
- “D-Day and the Normandy Campaign,” Symposium on the European Theater in World War II; Jackson, Miss. 5 April 1994.
- “Pearl Harbor,” Symposium on the Pacific Theater in World War II; Jackson, Miss. 4 April 1995.