Dr. Carr joined the faculty in the Department of Chemistry in the fall of 2010 after serving as a teaching assistant and undergraduate research mentor at the University of Alabama. He is the staff author of Chemistry Blog weblog (2008–present) and the creator and lead author of The Realm of Organic Synthesis weblog (2007–present). He has served as a Science Olympiad assistant and judge. At Assumption College, he was a member of the cross country team and the Campus Activities Board and served as a resident assistant.
Awards and Honors
- The University of Alabama College of Arts and Sciences Outstanding Dissertation, nominee (2010)
- Outstanding First Year Teaching Assistant (2005)
- Alabama American Chemical Society Fellowship (2004)
- Assumption College Most Distinguished Crown and Shield Award (2004)
- Residential Life Unsung Hero Award (2004)
Affiliations and Memberships