Dr. Eva Shoop joined the College as a member of the staff of the Staton Center for Learning Enrichment and director of the Writing Center in the fall of 2010. She became a full-time assistant professor of English in the fall of 2011. Dr. Shoop served previously as a graduate teaching assistant and assistant to the coordinator of the English Center at Auburn University and as an instructor in the Alabama Prison Arts and Education Project.
Honors and Awards
- Merriwether Fellowship, Auburn University
- English Department Summer Writing Fellowship, Auburn University
- English Department GTA Teaching Awards, Auburn University
- Outstanding Graduate Student Award, English Dept.
- Nomination for Best Graduate Paper
- Florence Parker Hargis Graduate Fellowship
- English Graduation Organization Service Award
- Alpha Theta Chi Academic Honor Society
- Modern Language Association
- College English Association
- Popular Culture Association