BIRMINGHAM, Ala.—The Huntingdon men’s tennis team dropped a
pair of matches on Saturday, falling to Covenant, 9-0, in the first
match of the day, and 9-0 to Birmingham-Southern in its final match of
The Hawks fell to 2-5 on the season, while the Scots improved to
4-2. The Panthers picked up their fifth victory of the year, compared
to four losses.
In the contest against Covenant, freshman Zane Smith gave the Hawks
a strong effort before falling at the No. 3 singles position to Stephen
Woody, 6-4, 6-3. Junior B.J. Foroughian also played a competitive match
at the top singles spot, falling 6-2, 6-2, to Joshua Jeremiah.
Against the Panthers, Foroughian and Butts put forth a good showing
at the top doubles spot, falling to Reed Pilling and Sawyer Voges, 8-4.
Foroughian also played well in the singles portion of the match,
falling to Hanlon Walsh, 6-4, 6-2.
The Hawks will return to action on Saturday, March 13, when they
host Millsaps at 9 a.m. Huntingdon will also take on Piedmont at 4 p.m.
Covenant 9, Huntingdon 0
- John Hirte/Stephen Woody (CC) def. B.J. Foroughian/Zane Smith (HC) 8-2
- Joshua Jeremiah/Jonathan Herberich (CC) def. Stephen Butts/Stacy Terry (HC) 8-0
- Brandon Snipes/Tom Yates (CC) def. Larry Pritchett/Ben Nobrega (HC) 8-0
- Joshua Jeremiah (CC) def. B.J. Foroughian (HC) 6-2, 6-2
- John Hirte (CC) def. Stephen Butts (HC) 6-0, 6-0
- Stephen Woody (CC) def. Zane Smith (HC) 6-4, 6-3
- Jonathan Herberich (CC) def. Ben Nobrega (HC) 6-1, 6-2
- Brandon Snipes (CC) def. Larry Pritchett (HC) 6-1, 6-1
- Tom Yates (CC) def. Stacy Terry (HC) 6-0, 6-0
Birmingham-Southern 9, Huntingdon 0
- Reed Pilling/Sawyer Voges (BSC) def. B.J. Foroughian/Stephen Butts (HC) 8-4
- John Zukley/Will Freeman (BSC) def. Zane Smith/Stacy Terry (HC) 8-0
- Will Boucek/Richard Pearlman (BSC) def. Caleb Josephs/Larry Pritchett (HC) 8-1
- Hanlon Walsh (BSC) def. B.J. Foroughian (HC) 6-4, 6-2
- JC Freeman (BSC) def. Stephen Butts (HC) 6-1, 6-0
- Sawyer Voges (BSC) def. Zane Smith (HC) 6-0, 6-0
- Will Boucek (BSC) def. Ben Nobrega (HC) 6-0, 6-1
- Cory McGee (BSC) def. Stacy Terry (HC) 6-4, 6-1
- Will Freeman (BSC) def. Caleb Josephs (HC) 6-0, 6-1
Sports Information Director
Phone: (334) 833-4579