How to Apply—Freshmen
Applications are processed and admission is granted on a rolling basis. There are no deadlines, however, you should keep in mind:
- Students who are admitted by December 1 for the following fall term and who qualify will receive information and an application for Academic Merit Scholarships.
- Student housing is processed on a first come, first served basis according to the date your housing application and information are received.
To apply as an entering freshman:
- Submit a completed application;
- Prepare and bring with you to your campus visit or send separately (see address below) a résumé of your high school activities, positions of leadership, and service projects; include a work history, sports activities, church involvement, club involvement, and volunteer activities, indicating which years and what titles or positions were held.
- Request that your high school send two official transcripts (see address below). The first transcript should be sent at the time of application and should include your senior year class schedule; the second transcript should be sent upon completion of your senior year, certifying your graduation. NOTE: Applicants who have the General Educational Developmental (GED) diploma must submit an official score report in addition to the high school transcript;
- Submit official standardized test scores (see address below), either ACT or SAT, sent directly from the agency. Scores are valid if included on your high school transcript, as well. At the time you take the ACT or SAT, you may indicate that you would like to have your scores reported to the colleges you are considering by including each college’s code number on the information form. Huntingdon’s code for the ACT is 0018; for the SAT, it is 1303.
- Note: If you intend to apply for financial aid, you should begin that process as soon as possible after January 1 if you will enter Huntingdon in the fall term.
Upon completion of the application sequence described above, your credentials will be evaluated and a decision will be communicated as soon as possible. In the meantime, please visit! We can’t wait to know you!
Send information or contact us:
Office of Admission
1500 E. Fairview Avenue
Montgomery, AL 36106
(334) 833-4497 • (800) 763-0313